Othusitse S.D. Phefo
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
1. What are your Full names?
- Othusitse S.D. Phefo
2. Who is your previous employer/s and work experience acquired?
- Botswana International University of Science and Technology (BUIST) – 3 Years (Teaching Assistant/Application Developer)
- Gaborone Institute of Professional Studies (GIPS) – 1 Year (IT Lecturer)
- Botswana Burau of Standards (BOBS) – 3 Months (Intern Technician)
- Software Application and Information Solutions - 5 months (Oracle Trainee Developer)
- Posh – 5 Months (ICT Officer)
3. When did you join Botswana Railways?
4. Name your Department, new role and responsibilities?
- Dpt: Finance & Corporate Services
- Role: Database Administrator
- Design database Backup and Restoration Strategy.
- Create database Backups and monitor those being performed regularly.
- Setup High-Availability as part Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases.
- Managing and checking the overall server health and functionality.
- Administration and Maintenance of Office 365/SharePoint Server.
- Monitoring SharePoint disk space usage through the built-in SharePoint reports for each site collection.
- Analyzing and reporting upon SharePoint usage and activity Moving/copying sites.
- Checking for operating system, SQL Server and SharePoint patches and cumulative updates.
- Customize and Brand office 365 portal
- Design and develop BR Intranet (Site Collection)
- Design and Develop visual webparts and integrate them into BR Intranet
- Design HTML templates and integrate them into BR Intranet
5. What are your hobbies?
- I am a gym person