Botswana Railways purchases material and services from local, regional and international suppliers and manufacturers. Botswana Railways seek to purchase quality goods and services by working closely with new and current suppliers as partners to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership.
The organisation uses a fair and efficient tender evaluation process. When undertaking purchasing, it is Botswana Railways’ policy to pursue the following principles;
- Open, fair, transparent and non-discrimination in our business dealings with suppliers.
- Enhance and support local businesses.
- Promote and encourage local industries by creating capacity in terms of Government policies.
- Aim to acquire high quality products at reasonable prices.
- Provide products and services in a timely manner.